How to Use Econobum Cloth Diapers
- Adjust the diaper sizing by choosing the right snap setting on the front of the diaper.
- Your diaper arrives snapped down to the "small" setting, the bottom row of snaps.
- To use the "medium" setting, unsnap the diaper and resnap on the second row of snaps.
- To use the diaper on the "large" setting, fully unsnap the front of the diaper.
- Adjust the prefold sizing by folding to the correct size.
- Place the prefold in your Econobum cover by simply laying on the inside of the cover.
- Put the diaper on your baby. Econobum Cloth Diapers go on just like a disposable diaper.
How can I tell if the diaper is adjusted to fit my baby properly?
To observe fit, pick up your baby's legs after putting the diaper on and observe how it fits around the legs and bottom. Is it snug? If you can see air between the diaper and their skin, then you need to refine the fit. Trying a smaller snap setting and fasten the tabs snugly. When you child stands up, notice how the prefold is positioned relative to the back elastic. If the prefold is higher than the back elastic, lay your child down, release the tabs, pull the diaper slightly towards the front and refasten the tabs. If you notice that the front of the diaper is positioned low over your baby's thighs or that it is difficult to fasten the diaper around your baby's waist, try using a larger snap setting. This will increase the rise of the diaper and improve overall fit. Remember, babies change shape frequently as they grow up. You may have times when your relatively young baby is using their one-size diapers on the largest setting. The same child may be on the medium setting several months later due to increased mobility.
My diapers are leaking. What's wrong?
- Does the diaper need to be changed?
- Any diaper will leak once full. If your baby is having problems with leaks, check this first. Additional absorbency or more frequent diaper changes usually solves leakage problems.
- Make sure that you washed everything at least once before using.
- If you have organic cotton or hemp diapers, they must be prewashed in hot water with a small amount of detergent 3-5 times before they become absorbent. They reach their full absorbency after 10 washes.
- Is the prefold flat?
- Make sure that the prefold is flat when you put the diaper on your baby. If it is twisted or wadded up, this can cause leakage.
- Is the wetness at the legs, label or the tabs?
- If the diaper is leaking from the legs, change the diaper and remove the prefold. If the prefold isn't saturated, then the diaper cover may not be adjusted to fit your child properly.
- Is the diaper fitted properly?
- If the diaper isn't fitted properly and is hanging away from your baby's bottom, liquid can pool and may run out of the diaper. If this is the case, try adjusting the diaper up one rise setting. If the diaper is too tight, it can also cause leakage. Make sure that the bottom edge of the diaper is at or just below your baby's belly button and that the elastic is fitted to their legs, but not uncomfortably tight. If it looks like it would be uncomfortable for you to wear, adjust it. If you're not sure that you've got it right, email a photo of your baby to customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll be happy to help you troubleshoot fit.
What is the warranty on Econobum products?
Econobum cloth diapers are manufactured by Cotton Babies, the creators of bumGenius. Detailed information about the warranty that applies to Cotton Babies manufactured cloth diapers can be found on our Customer Support page at bumGenius.com.
Other Common Questions
How many diapers do I need?
If you are using Econobum exclusively, we recommend a minimum of 2 Full Kits, which includes 24 prefolds & 6 Econobum covers. This may vary based on your
child's wetting habits. Remember, wash at least every other day and rotate your stash evenly.
I'd like to buy Econobum! Where can I get this brand?
Econobum products are available in baby retail stores
all over the world. You're also always able to shop online through one of our online retailers
Who manufactures Econobum?
Econobum products were created by and are manufactured by Cotton Babies, Inc
. Cotton Babies, Inc. also manufactures bumGenius & Flip Hybrid Diapers.
Are diaper rash creams ok to use with Econobum?
EDiaper rashes should be treated according to your physician's recommendations. If you need to use a rash cream, use a stay-dry liner between your baby's bottom and the diaper to prevent the cream from transferring onto the diapers. Rash creams containing fish oilsÂ will make cloth diapers smell fishy. These should be avoided.